In this 5 episode mini-series centered on bad advice for entrepreneurs, this first episode is about bad advice #1: listen to all advice. Remember that while we need to seek input and listen to our customer, criticism is going to come faster than praise. Instead of letting that derail you, step back and realize who this advice is coming from; your “no” customer. The bulk of people who will immediately criticize you or ask you to adjust your product or service are the individuals you are purposefully trying to exclude with your offering. Realizing this key fact takes the power out of that criticism. Now that you know who not to listen to, who should you listen to?
- (289) Plan Your Holiday Time Now
- (288) As You Are Eliminating the Gray, Include Underperformance
- (287) Now That I’m Committed to Starting a Business, What Should I Pursue?
- (286) When Leaving My Corporate Job, How Do I Find a New Inner Circle?
- (285) I’m Ready to Start My Business, How Do I Get My Spouse on Board?